To partner with youth, parents, law enforcement, community leaders and citizens of Atlantic County and empower them to bring about the changes necessary to protect our youth, our families, and our future.
To prevent, reduce and/or delay substance use among youth of Atlantic County in a long term and sustainable manner.
Who We Are
There is a growing recognition that all organizations and agencies in communities, concerned citizens, and local, state and federal policy makers have an important role to play in prevention. We believe prevention is a community-wide responsibility and are committed to providing leadership, resources, education and programming for our young people and our community.
What We Do
JTAC implements various interventions in the community to achieve its mission and vision:
- Hold community forums on youth substance misuse
- Social media campaigns for youth and community
- We Check for 21 Conference
- Provide responsible beverage server training to liquor licensees
- Educate community on proper disposal of medications
- Reach students and parents through interactive prevention programs
- Distribute locking medication cabinets for homes
- Provide permanent prescription drop boxes to police departments
- Fund Cops in Shops programs